MODERN SYMPATHY

friend: My fight is delayed over 4 hours, and I won't be able to go back to my apartment tonight.
friend: I should stop complaining. On the news now there is a grandma whose grandson was killed in Afghanistan recently so I should shut up.
girl: LOL. You should calm down yes, but for your own mental health not because some shitty unconnected event happened.
girl: You get to complain, she just get's to complain more.
friend: You're right. My head hurts.
girl: She should really look at the bright side. There's one less mouth to feed in a time of economic hardship and rising food prices.
girl: She can now afford a pottery class.
girl: Maybe even spinning on Sundays.
friend: Haha. You're a bitch.
girl: Throw a dinner party for her friends
girl: who haven't died yet.
friend: LOL
girl: I'm just saying' there's always more ways to look at things.
friend: You're right. When in fact my current situation has NO bright side. Lol.
girl: LOL. I said more. I didn't say bright.

No comments: